Monday, December 26, 2011

South Padre Island

I made my annual trip from Alamo, TX over to S. Padre Island this morning. It was cloudy and cool day in the Rio Grande Valley. I stopped at South Padre Island Golf Club hoping to sneak in a quick round of golf before I headed back to Alamo. No luck today. Over an hour wait and the play time was 4.5 hours.

After making a quick stop at Surfs Up for some T-shirts, I headed north to see the beach. The road was closed at Beach Access Point 6, so I made a stop. The north west wind was cold so I threw on the light weight winter coat and trekked down the beach for a few hundred yards. No sign of the red tide and the beach was very clean.

Next stop - Pirates Landing. It wasn’t very busy today so I was able to get in and out in less than an hour. Due to the weather little to not activity on the pier today. As always the food was great and the portions were large.

Once back to Alamo, I headed to The Practice Tee to hit a bucket of balls. By the time I got to the range the skies had cleared.

Great day of vacation!

No comments: