Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Democratic Presidential Race

I have been in London and Madrid this past week. When I left the US I thought I'd be able to escape the 24x7 coverage of the Democratic primary race. In London there was no escape from this hotly contested race. The newspapers and the British news carry coverage of this race as if it was their own. It doesn't even end with coverage of Hillary and Barack. At dinner tonight there was multi-page (that's right not multi-column) story of how Bill Clinton has fallen out of the graces of the American people. It was harder for me to gauge the coverage in Madrid as everything was in Spanish. However several of my Spanish IBM colleagues were very aware of the race for the White House.

I happened to be in Europe at the same time the primaries are wrapping up. My home state of South Dakota is receiving a lot of press on this side of the pond. I enjoyed reading stories written in Yankton, Rapid City, Sioux Falls, and Mt. Rushmore. It's not everyday South Dakota gets international coverage.

No comments: