Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Great Airline Service

Yes, I'm sure you reread the title of this post at least twice. My customer meeting for today got canceled so I decided to fly standby and get home this morning instead of late tonight. I got up at 4 am EDT and made my way to Logan airport to catch an earlier Northwest flight back to Minneapolis. I was able to get on the 6 am EDT flight. Northwest offered me a complimentary upgrade to first class which of course I accepted. On the flight back it became obvious that our flight attendant, Carmen, was no ordinary flight attendant. She provided our cabin the best service I've ever received on an airplane! She called everyone of us by name when she asked if we wanted anything. My coffee cup was never empty and after the first cup she never asked how I wanted my coffee. Others sitting near me also noticed this incredible personalized service. In the days of airlines cutting back on just about everything and charging for what they haven't discontinued, this was greatly appreciated and did not go unnoticed. I hope to be on another flight where Carmen is the flight attendant - this really made my day.

No comments: