Friday, June 27, 2008

Heathrow Airport

In late May I made my first trip through London's Heathrow airport. Heathrow is a world famous airport and I expected to see a first class airport. Shocked would best describe what I thought when I arrived at terminal 3. If I didn't know I was at Heathrow I would have guessed I was in a third world country. When I went to work the next day, I was talking to my colleagues about my first impression of Heathrow was shocking to say the least. We discussed how it should be torn down - basically it was a dump. A couple of days later my colleague handed me a newspaper in which a government official was quoted as saying "Heathrow is a national embarrassment".

I didn't get to see terminal 5, but was told that it was modern and state-of-the-art. There is another terminal under renovation, but it won't be completed until 2012.

No comments: