Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog

I started a blog in late 2005 - didn't really stick with it and it was somewhat of a new technology at the time. After Brian Reese graduated from the Air Force Academy last year, I noticed that he was very diligent about blogging - the link to his blog is on the left. To make a long story short, I hosted Brian when he played Junior Hockey in Rochester, MN. We stayed friends over the years and I enjoy reading his blog - in fact I get it delivered to my email so I don't have to go to the web everyday. So now several months later I decided to throw out my observations.

About 3 years ago I accepted a new position at IBM that required me to do extensive travel. I meet with customers that my team supports from many different cities and countries. After spending many hours on planes, in airports, in hotels, and in restaurants one gets the chance to observe many "unique" things. Now that my mental list is exceeding my memory capacity, it's time to document them for all the world.

Those that know me won't be surprised to see some post thoughts on politics. While I have zero desire to run for public office, I've followed politics since I was in grade school. On that note I am an avid ice hockey fan, but I've never played the game - I'm starting to see a pattern here.

1 comment:

Brian T. Reese said...

Kev!

Great stuff! Glad to see you are blogging! We'll have to chat at the wedding...lots going on here. Later!

-Brian