Friday, June 6, 2008

My Day in London


On my recent trip to London, I had an off day and spent last Saturday in London. All I can say is one day is not enough to see all of London. I took the Heathrow Express into Paddington station and from there jumped onto the Big Bus Company tour. This open top bus tour takes you around all the major attractions in London. I'd recommend this for those that want to get a lay of the land and then pick things to go see. This was a hop-off and hop-on tour so if you did see anything you liked it was very easy to do that and then catch a later bus. I discovered that some tours offered a recorded message and others offered a live tour guide - I'd recommend the live guide. My tour lasted nearly 3 hours has the traffic became very heavy about half way through the tour. If traffic is light the tour takes a little over 2 hours. I chose to do the complete loop so I wouldn't run out of time. At the end of the tour I spent an hour or so walking through Hyde Park. Hyde Park is very large and many activities going on simultaneously. Here is the link to my pictures from my day in London.

No comments: